Saturday 7 July 2007

A flattering review...

I'm sure the old Prussian officer corps would disapprove of my mentioning it (didn't Ferdinand of Brunswick refuse to nominate a single officer for an award in the SYW on the grounds that it was simply their duty to behave heroically?) but Russell Gregory's interesting 6mm SYW wargaming site, with photographs of beautifully painted 6mm figures and tutorials on how to do it, has a very favourable review of NBA here: http://syw6mm.googlepages.com/july.htm It's certainly good to see people liking what I'm doing... :-)

I have hundreds of SYW Austrian and Prussian 6mm figures which I bought 20 years ago and I still haven't painted a single figure! I just don't get on with figure painting, I'm afraid. Perhaps I should have offered to swap templates for painted figures. ;-)

David.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, David, your work deserves all of the praise it has been garnering.

    I've seen many mentions of it, not only on blogs, but also in a number of Groups.

    You need to decide if you want painted minis or if you are never going to use them.

    If the former, I don't have any great suggestions. But, if the latter, you need to decide if you want something for them (and if so, how much) or just want to see them go to a good home.

    For my part, my eyes seem to be aging faster than I am, so 6mm figures are too small for me . . . but you can probably find someone who will treasure yours if you no longer want them.

    You might consider asking on one of the SYW-oriented groups. Of course folks will want to know who made them (Heroics & Ross perhaps?) so they'll be able to judge if they'll blend in with their armies.

    Or, if you know of some younger gamers in your area, you might find a home there for them.

    And, of course, there is aways eBay and its clones.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Jeff. I have been somewhat bemused by the comments on the templates; I suppose being a perfectionist I'm never quite satisfied but, if people like them, that's good! I'd be curious to know if I've missed comments about the templates on other groups - if it's too much trouble, never mind, but you couldn't list the ones where you've seen comments, could you, please? Getting constructive feedback is always useful.

    Thanks too for the comments on my sadly unused SYW 6mm figures. I really must decide about them - and first I must find them, too. I haven't actually seen them for years but I think I have an idea where they are lurking. ;-)

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that Jean-Louis has posted it in a number of places, might be a good idea to ask him.

    I'm on over 60 Groups -- most of which are gaming oriented -- so I don't know for sure where I've seen it mentioned.

    But I certainly suspect OSW, Society of Daisy, LaceWars and maybe SYW Groups.

    I also check about three dozen blogs each day and I've seen your templates on a great many of them.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jeff. I'll ask Jean-Louis. I've just put in a request to join Society of Daisy.

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...