I was asked in the comments on the previous flag if I had any ideas for a speculative Colonel's flag and yes, I have. Here it is, based on the style of many Dutch flags where the Colonel's flag is largely a version of the regimental flag with a white background. I have also added the coat of arms of the province of Holland, as the provincial coat of arms is a common feature on Dutch flags and it livens up the plain white background of this flag.

It makes for a lovely flag David, quite simple but very nice.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Donnie. :-) Yes, I've probably said quite often lately that simple can be good - and it is less work usually too! So more flags can be produced more quickly. Quite a Win-Win!
DeleteAll the best,
David.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteCracking design! Speculative or not, it looks entirely plausible and very smart.
All the best, Andy
Thank you, Andy. :-) Yes, I think it does fit the bill pretty well...
DeleteAll the best,
David.
Cheers for sharing David a cool looking flag.
ReplyDeleteWillz.
Thank you, Willz. :-) More Dutch flags on the way soon!
DeleteAll the best,
David.