Thursday, 17 September 2026

Final Spanish Flag Captured Catalonia 1694 - Battle of Ter

This is my last Spanish flag, at least for now. The Pike and Shot book on Spanish flags 1688-1697 has more from other sources and I may do my own versions of some of them too eventually. But I have certainly had enough of Spanish flags for the moment! This was another depicted in the Triomphes Louis XIV, of an unknown tercio and captured at the battle of Ter in Catalonia in 1694.





14 comments:

  1. The final flag he says, having us addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Well, hopefully more of those to come eventually... Hang on to that addiction. ;-)

      Cheers,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andy. :-) I'll be glad of a change for a while at least...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. Wow, now that really is detailed and quite hard to focus on! The central ragged cross devide reminds me of a Xmas cracker with that central device in each quadrant;) Well done on being able to reproduce such a detailed design and I hope someone gets to use it in their games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. :-) Yes, it joins the hallucinogenic flags of which there've been a number over the years. Dazzle the enemy and hit them while they're distracted!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. Now that IS a colourful looking flag!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray! :-) Yes, I think I did save the best to last...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  5. Another very nice visually impressive flag.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Willz. It should stand out on the battlefield, I think! :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  6. That's a very special, colourful flag. Hurrah! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, André. :-) A very tricky one to paint by hand at even 28mm! I think I had the easier job...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  7. Super flag! Makes my eyes hurt. Also makes me want to build a WSS Spanish Army.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...