Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Generic Spanish Colonels' Flags or Banderas Coronelas Pre-1706

I was asked to do some generic pre-1706 Colonels' infantry flags to go with the colourful and complex company flags I have already posted. The famous Anna Beek sheet of flags captured by the Dutch depicts similar flags and I have already posted one or two of those with the very stylised Burgundian cross (e.g. here: https://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/2026/08/two-spanish-flags-captured-by-french.html ). These two have the more detailed and naturalistic cross.


 

10 comments:

  1. Plain and simple but good additions to have David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donnie. :-) Yes, useful and will contrast nicely with the more colourful and elaborate company flags!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Always a handy flag for many periods too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ray. Yes, very true! Always good when flags are multi-use. :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. Your work with these flags is amazing.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andy. I try! :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. Nice additions there David, with the second one being my favourite of the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. Yes. I do agree with that assessment. :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...