Belzunce was first raised in 1590. It was one of the Petits Vieux regiments which traced their origins to units first created in the 16th century. The regiment ranked 10th during the SYW.
The simple colours were carried from 1749-1762, after which the regiment changed its name to Flandres.
At Minden the regiment was 4 battalions strong and formed a brigade on its own which was in the first line alongside the Picardie Brigade.
And this plate shows the uniform and flags in 1757: