First raised 1673, this regiment began the SYW with the name Talaru but the name had recently changed to d'Aumont in January 1758. From December 1762 it was renamed Beauce after the province. (From 1673 when it was raised as d'Huxelles to Beauce 1763 it had altogether 10 different names.) A 2 battalion regiment, it was brigaded with Touraine at Minden (see previous entry below) where it was badly mauled. Its grenadiers wore the bearskin from 1753.
The same pattern of colours was carried throughout the regiment's history.
And this plate shows the uniform and flags in 1757: