Sunday 1 February 2009

Source of very useful fonts for maps



I just thought I'd mention that here on Tom Mouat's site: http://www.mapsymbs.com/fontstuf.html is a very useful source of mapping fonts, especially the Map Icon font and the Napoleonic font.

At the bottom is what's on the Napoleonic font (very useful for maps/plans of battle reports):

And at the top is what's on the Map Icons font.

They're missing a lot of the specific period Central European/German items on which I'm working but it does mean I don't necessarily have to cover everything (unless the energy and urge strike, of course! :-)).

4 comments:

  1. David,

    Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked the site for future exploration.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Jim. I hope you find the fonts useful.

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they're useful, MurdocK. :-) Thanks for the comment.

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...