Saturday 20 June 2009

Mounted jäger of the Württemberg Feldjäger zu Pferde

Raised 1759, at a strength of 2 squadrons. Served in Hesse and Saxony in 1759 and 1760. Disbanded 1768.

Württemberg troops served with the French and Austrians until 1760 but I do not know exactly where the cavalry, including the Württemberg Feldjäger, served. There was also a company of foot jäger, dressed very similarly (except for yellow lace on the hat, white breeches and smaller cuffs with 3 or possibly only 2 buttons), who were disbanded in 1765.

5 comments:

  1. These green guys are centainly handsome lads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bill. Yes, they are indeed - always rather liked jäger uniforms. :-)

    Appreciate your comments - I know I can rely on you to say something encouraging when I post and it's good for morale...

    All the best,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work as always!
    I, too, like the green uniforms and jaegers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of these uniforms. Green & Red always works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, FB and Steve. :-)

    Think I might do the Württemberg foot jäger too, even though there was only a company of them... More green and red! ;-)

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...