Tuesday 19 July 2022

Update on the Prussian hussar guidons...

I had hoped today to post some of Willz Harley's pictures of his troops with my flags and other things besides but the humid heat here has been too much. But, to show willing, here is a snapshot of the completed Prussian hussar guidons. I still have to do the uniforms and text before they can be posted on the blog but, if anyone is desperate to use them (or some or any of them) with their hussars, please send me a message via the Contact Form in the left column and I can email them to you. This will not be immediately, though, as we have another day of foul humid heat plus two nights to survive. Hopefully normal service will be resumed if we do survive until Wednesday! (And yes - the guidons are not in order in the snapshot - you can blame the heat for that too... ;-))



14 comments:

  1. Superb work, David. Hope you survive the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon. :-) It's even hotter today than yesterday. Phew! Really hope the forecasters are right about tomorrow being so much cooler... Hope things are OK with you.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim. :-) It's a pity the Prussians stopped carrying hussar guidons after the WAS... I hope to see them appearing with people's troops!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. They look great as they are David. The heat has certainly put pay to anything gaming related here. I even contemplated some painting but it would have dried on the brush before I could get it to the figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. :-) Yes, it really is a day just to get through to the night and not do much at all, isn't it?

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful selection of beautiful guidons David, thanks for sharing.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Willz. :-) I'll post some of your recent pictures with your troops and my flags soon...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for creating this beautiful prussian guidons ! Hopefully you continue with the prussian dragoon and cuirassier guidons and standards as well. Cheers, Hogey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hogey. :-) Yes, when I have time and energy I plan to do more of the Prussian cavalry guidons.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  6. Fantastic stuff David, do you need me to send any photos of the latest units painted.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Willz. :-) Yes, please, I'd love to see more photographs of your splendid troops.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...