Sunday 30 October 2022

Flags of the Two Battalions of Hamburger Stadtmilitär 1724-1757

When I posted the flags of the Lübeck Burgerwehr in June there was some enthusiasm for these somewhat odd and almost ImagiNation-style flags of German city regiments or militia. So I have here depicted the flags of the Hamburger Stadtmilitär 1724-1757, as recreated on this webpage of CRW Flags, based on German materials: https://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/flags/de%5Ehhcso.html

 


And these are some of the troops who would have carried these flags, depicted by Knötel:



12 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhh I like that unit and flags.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Willz. :-) Thought you might; had you in mind (as well as Stokes and Steve) when I made it and posted it.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. YES!!!! Thank you, David! You have made my weekend.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stokes. :-) That's good. Had you in mind (along with Willz and SteveJ) when I made and posted it.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. Those are absolutely cracking David! Just perfect for ImagiNations armies as you say:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. :-) Thought you might like it, as I said in previous replies!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Roger. :-) Yes, they are a bit out of the ordinary, aren't they?

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  5. Very spiffy 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking flags and a nice uniform too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Doniie. :-) Yes, they'd make a great town or city militia for an ImagiNation...

    All the best,

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...