Monday 4 September 2023

Reducing the overly dark shading of some of my earlier flags...

I have been asked to lighten the shading of some of my earlier flags, especially French flags. I am inclined to agree that the shading of the Colonels' white flags is often too dark so will be working on producing lighter versions. So far I have replaced the flags of French Regiment Condé; see here: https://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/2013/05/minden-french-flags-project-regiment.html I shall post notices of which flags are changed in future as I post them.

Here is the older version of Condé:


And here is the new lighter version:



4 comments:

  1. They do look a lot better lighter, you can see the colours clearer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray. Lots still to do on this but I am getting there! :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. The lighter shading is certainly better. I often over paint my flags, if simple enough designs, and rely upon the natural folds created to provide most of the shading. If I had a really nice printer like I had access to when I worked, then I could use them as is and just paint the edges to hide the white of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. It certainly does help a lot having access to a good printer! I do recommend a colour laser printer if at all possible but of course not everyone can use one...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...