Wednesday 13 September 2023

Revised Third Battalion Légion Britannique Speculative Flag

I published my speculative flags of the Légion Britannique some time ago and a few people have used them and posted pictures. The latest posting of these troops with my flags here: http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2023/09/12/hannover-siegt-der-franzmann-liegt-my-15mm-syw-hanoverian-german-allied-army-part-5-legion-britannique/ points out that the regimental flag of the third battalion should be orange. I had misread the rather deceptive plate I had used for the battalion and saw the uniform facings as red, not orange. So this is the corrected flag in glorious technicolour orange at last:


I shall eventually revise the whole sheet and add this flag to it but for now this supplementary sheet will have to do.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Willz. :-) I have to keep improving... ;-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Perfect timing as I plan to use these for my HEIC, with the orange flags etc for the 'Militia' and the Union flag for the British troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Steve. :-) I like it when flags have lots of multifarious uses! Look forward to seeing them in action with your HEIC troops.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...