Friday 1 March 2024

Flags of Denmark in the War of the Spanish Succession: The King's Lifeguard of Foot Battalion Flag

According to Sapherson The Danish Army 1699-1715, this was the design of a battalion flag of the Danish Foot Guards.


My previous post of a flag of the Danish Guards captured at Ramillies 1706 and shown in the Triomphes Louis XIV has information on the regiment and its history in the War of the Spanish Succession: https://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/2024/01/flags-of-denmark-in-war-of-spanish.html

8 comments:

  1. Very nice as always David! Are those meant to be grenades in 3 of the corners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. :-) Yes, they are very (very!) stylised grenades, I believe.

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Ray. :-) I'm becoming very keen on these WSS and earleir flags. I need to get myself cloned so I can do more flag work!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work, have had Sapherson's b & w drawings since the 90s but not the artistic talent to do owt with them 😢👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) The Sapherson drawings are very rough but do give just about enough detail to suggest what the worked up flags should be. Sometimes vital detail is very unclear, though. A lot of head scratching tends to go with the work! ;-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. Amazing looking flags. The details you work into them is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mark. :-) One of the big advantages of working in a vector drawing program is that it is easier to zoom right in without loss of detail; I could never work from scratch in a pixel-based program!

    All the best,

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...