Tuesday 28 May 2024

Generic standards for French cavalry regiments with no known emblems

As a follow on to the previous post with its sheet of generic guidons for French dragoon regiments with no known emblems on their guidons, I offer these two styles of standards which can be used for French cavalry regiments with no known emblems. Going through Charrié, I noted the commonest colours - red, crimson, yellow and green - and therefore these four represent 90-odd percent of those regiments at some point where we do not know the emblems on the reverse of the standards.




10 comments:

  1. I have no excuse for a lack of flying colors on my French cavalry. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon. :-) Yes, hopefully these will help fill that "I don't know what flag to use for XYZ regiment" gap!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Very handsome, well up to your usual high standards, and tailor-made for imaginary cavalry units!

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stokes. :-) I did feel that they might be useful for a variety of purposes as you have confirmed...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. More wonderful flags, thanks for sharing.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Willz. :-) I look forward to seeing them in use...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. You have surpassed yourself this time David and those are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Steve. :-) They are a pretty flexible set, I think, so will hopefully see some use...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  5. Very nice work David. I'm sure many people will use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do hope so... :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...