As with the last few flags I posted, there is an oddity with these flags as Triomphes Louis XIV says they were captured at the battle of Ter in Catalonia in July 1695 - but that battle happened in May 1694, so I am assuming an error by the compiler of the Triomphes. These two flags are shown together in the Triomphes but are obviously not related. As usual they are both of unknown units.


Amazing! A semi-fictitious early to mid-18th century force marching beneath these recent banners would be just the thing were time infinite and the hobby war chest bottomless. But very tempting nonetheless, David.
ReplyDeleteKind Saturday Regards,
Stokes
Thank you, Stokes. :-)Indeed; they would be rather good for an Imagi-Nations force, I do agree! Temptation is the name of the game, of course... ;-)
DeleteAll the best,
David.
Wow, these really are a multicoloured sight to behold:)!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Steve. :-) I confess these are some of my favourites of the Spanish flags...
DeleteAll the best,
David.
Very colourful, David!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ray. Yes, indeed; they do stand out from the other Spanish flags, don't they? :-)
DeleteAll the best,
David.