Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Two Further Spanish Flags Captured In Catalonia in 1694 - Battle of Ter

Here are two more Spanish flags captured at the battle of Ter in Catalonia in 1694 and depicted in the Triomphes Louis XIV. They are variants on the blue and white pattern of which I have already posted several examples. Are they from the same units? We do not know.



4 comments:

  1. Nice Spanish additions David, they really are super flags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donnie. :-) I've saved a couple of the best and most elaborate ones for the end so they'll be coming along soon...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Very much a Spanish flag with the ragged staffs, given they appear on all the others so far, but these are much more muted in tone, but nonetheless still very nice. Excellent work as always:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. :-) They very much remind me of the French flags as they have the ragged staff instead of the white cross as a unifying emblem; makes for very satisfying flags!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...