Wednesday, 9 September 2026

And Yes, Yet Another Spanish Flag Captured Catalonia 1694 - Battle of Ter

Just two more from the Triomphes Louis XIV to post after this flag. Again, this is of an unknown unit and it was captured by the French at the battle of Ter in Catalonia, according to the Triomphes

 


 

18 comments:

  1. What about these flags? Are they from a different book? https://www.tercios.fr/2021/04/14/drapeauxennemislouisxiv/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Howard,

      That's the Triomphes Louis XIV from which my flag designs are taken! So no, not a different book... :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  2. Wow that's a busy, but colourful flag, it actually hurts my eyes looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ray. I quite agree; best seen through sunglasses! :-) Definitely reminds me of WW1 ship dazzle paint...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  3. There is so much going on, it is really hard to actually make out the design. Dazzle paint as you say David!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. Yes, one that will stand out on the wargames table, I think! :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Just when you think the Spanish flags can't get any better ten another one pops up! Very nice and very busy, great looking flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donnie. :-) I did try to save the best to the end! ;-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  5. Cool looking flag David, that dazzle style work work brilliantly on scl ships.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Willz. Very tricky to paint by hand, I imagine! :-)

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  6. Very nice indeed

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andy. :-) Near the end of the Spanish flags from the Triomphes now...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
    2. Almost at the finish line—brilliant stuff, David! The Spanish flags have been a real highlight to watch come together.

      All the best, Andy

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Andy. :-) I shall be posting the last of the Spanish flags (at least for now) in the next 24 hours or so. Then it will be back on to the Dutch and British SYW...

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete
  7. Lots of other cool flags there though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - although again many are unidentified which makes it a bit of a nightmare!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...