Monday 10 December 2007

Poll results

Now the poll is over I can start on the favoured templates. French cavalry and generals' uniforms were well ahead, although the Prussian Frei-Corps (of which I've now already done 4 examples) were also fairly popular. Sadly hussars and Bosniaks were joint last! Poor old hussars; at least they weren't alone being last this time...

The generals' uniforms will be started from scratch so will take longer to do; I imagine that French cavalry will be popping up rather sooner because they can be adapted to some degree from existing cavalry templates. The generals I had in mind initially were: several Austrian, from the 1751 regulations; French general and marshal; Prussian, various (which are really just regimental officer uniforms with the odd decoration slapped on! ;-)). After that, others are possible but few nations had specific uniforms for generals until after the SYW.

2 comments:

  1. David,
    your hussars were so successful that potential users are currently satiated, I guess!

    Now, French cavalry... several Imagi-Nations tend to field armies in 'French-cut' uniforms, so we may see a blossoming of corresponding cavalry units?

    Jean-Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean-Louis,

    Thanks; that's a nice thought about the hussars! :-)

    Hope we do see many of the French cavalry templates springing up on various blogs! I expect those vile Stagonians will be stealing them too. ;-)

    Thanks.

    All the best,

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...