Friday, 2 October 2026

And Yet Another Spanish Cavalry Standard Captured 1693 - From The Triomphes Louis XIV

Here is another Spanish cavalry standard depicted in the Triomphes Louis XIV, of an unknown unit and captured 1693 in Flanders. This one has more obvious Spanish symbolism with the Burgundian cross and the fleece from the Order of the Golden Fleece (but not the collar of the Order which is also usually depicted on flags).

 


2 comments:

  1. Excellent work David. Its great that these banners and flags were recorded for bragging rightd back in the day but I wish they could also have worked out what unit they were from!
    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ray. :-) Yes, it's pleasing and frustrating at the same time! If only other nations had also made such records of captured flags. More on the way!

      All the best,

      David.

      Delete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...